We found this podcast that we hope will help you picking your vehicle as well as picking the right fuel source for you and your vehicle. We hope it answers a lot of your questions!
From the article:
Tim Glance is the owner of Old Grouch Military surplus and a veteran of the US Army where he served for 18 years as a Construction Equipment Mechanic, Wheeled Vehicle mechanic, and now as a Warrant Officer Engineer Equipment Repair Technician still serving in the Army Reserve.
In addition Tim is an ASE certified diesel technician and he collects and restores vintage military vehicles as a hobby. He has been helping people investigate alternative fuels and survival vehicles as for several years.
Today he joins us to discuss “prepper vehicles”, creative solutions for alternative fuel options with diesel motors, basic vehicle maintenance, equipping the prepper vehicle and more.
Join Us Today As We Discuss…
- Why prepper vehicle vs. BOV (bug out vehicle)
- Five factors to look for in a prepper vehicle
- Why diesel and what kind makes sense
- The virtues of the humble and affordable CUCV
- What parts you should always carry with you
- Why you should keep good but cheap tools in your vehicle
- How do you use waste motor oil as fuel
- What are the advantages of using waste oil as fuel
- What are the risks of using waste oil as fuel
- How do you get started learning how to work on your own vehicle
- The advantages of military vehicles in relation to TMs
- What is a “Hi Lift” jack and why should you have one
If you’re looking to buy a cheap bugout vehicle, then be sure to checkout our online listings for sale at http://www.bugout-vehicle.com/bugout-vehicles-for-sale
Listen to the podcast here: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/prepper-vehicles-and-creative-fuel-uses-with-tim-glance
Looking for help from other preppers? Get the help you want here!